We may use technologies like cookies (small files stored on your browser), web beacons, or unique device identifiers to identify your computer or device so we can deliver a better experience. Our systems also log information like your browser, operating system and IP address.
We also may collect personally identifiable information that you provide to us, such as your name, address, phone number or email address. With your permission, we may also access other personal information on your device, such as your phone book, calendar or messages, to provide services to you. If authorized by you, we may also access profile and other information from services like Facebook.
Our systems may associate this personal information with your activities during providing service to you (such as pages you view or things you click on or search for).
We do not knowingly contact or collect personal information from children under 13. If you believe we have inadvertently collected such information, please contact us so we can promptly obtain parental consent or remove the information.
Team captains can sign into their account to see or delete any personally identifiable information we have stored on any player, such as your name, address, email or phone number. You can also contact us by email to request to see or delete this information. We may keep anonymous data indefinitely unless its requested to be deleted from our systems. We may share personally identifiable information (such as name, address, email or phone) with trusted partners in order to provide you with relevant advertising, offers or services.
California residents are legally entitled (at no charge and no more than once annually) to request information about how we may have shared your information with others for direct marketing purposes. Contact us for this information:
If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy policies, please contact us:
25421 Old Trabuco Road
Lake Forest CA 92630
Analytics companies may access anonymous data (such as your IP address or device ID) to help us understand how our services are used. They use this data solely on our behalf. They do not share it except in aggregate form; no data is shared as to any individual user. Click to see company privacy policies that govern their use of data.
We take reasonable steps to secure your personally identifiable information against unauthorized access or disclosure. We encrypt transmission of data on pages where you provide payment information. However, no security or encryption method can be guaranteed to protect information from hackers or human error.
Information we collect may be stored or processed on computers located in any country where we do business.
If a team forfeits its game that team will be charged $75 which covers the cost of (2) refs and a score/stat-keeper that was reserved for that game. All fines must be paid prior to the start of the next scheduled game.
Team fees are due and payable (2) weeks prior to the beginning of the next season. Teams pay online via Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.
To help teams that are having a hard time finding enough teammates to form a complete roster, we have introduced the Free Agent draft form at no cost. Teams can request Free Agents by contacting:
We will provide a 100% refund (less 3% processing fee) for any cancellation requested within 72 hours of the registration.
Cancellation requests submitted 10 days before the scheduled start of the basketball program will receive a 75% refund (less 3% processing fee).
Cancellation requests submitted 7 days before the scheduled start of the basketball program will receive a 50% refund (less 3% processing fee).
Cancellation requests submitted within 5 days before the scheduled start of the basketball program will receive no refund.
It is in our sole discretion to give partial or full refund to teams who do not follow our rules and policies or quit after having started the program. It is should be understood that our fees are set based on a projected number of teams, facility rental costs, staffing, and league expenses.
Saddleback Valley Basketball offers a year-round recreational basketball program for adults in Orange County. To participate you must be at least (18) years of age or older prior to the start of league play.
To participate in the adult basketball league program, you must be at least (18) years of age or older prior to the start of league play. Players will not be allowed to play on more than one team in the same division during a season. To be eligible for Playoffs, a player must have participated in at least 50% of the regular season games.
Each team can have a maximum of 12 players per active roster. Final rosters must be submitted prior to the start of the regular season. EXCEPTION RULE - Unless your roster falls below 5 players because of injury or player(s) leaving your team for personal reasons, there are no non-registered substitutions allowed during the season or during tournament play. Any new players added to your roster under the exception rule, must be approved by the league director.
All players are required to wear a dark and white reversible numbered jersey for every game. Starting second game, any player not in uniform will be penalized prior to start of game with a technical foul shot.
At the beginning of your game, if your team does not have (5) players - you may substitute an available player to bring your team to (5) players max. Any substitute MUST BE approved by opposing captain for it not to be an automatic forfeit. You may also choose to play with a minimum of (4) players to avoid a forfeit.
1. We play (4) 12-minute halves
2. Running time EXCEPT time outs / injuries / referee timeouts. In the fourth quarter the clock will stop during the final two minutes of the game only if there is a 10 point or less differential.
3. Each team will get (4) timeouts PER GAME and be used anytime during the game. Each time out will be 3-seconds and 1-minute time-out between quarters.
4. Overtime is 2 minutes. Each team gets 1 timeout.
5. You must check-in with the score/stat-keepers for substitution prior to the next dead ball. You can sub as much as you want on any dead ball - it doesn’t have to be your possession. ANY dead ball is time for substitution. If you do sub without letting the refs know, that will result in a TECHNICAL FOUL. (1 free-throw and the ball to opposing team)
6. On the game tip-off, the team that loses possession will obtain possession at the beginning of next quarter and will alternate accordingly.
7. 6 fouls and you're out. A technical foul counts as 2 PERSONAL fouls. If you get 2 technical fouls, you’re thrown out of the game.
8. If your team falls below 5 players because of a player fouling out, you CAN NOT substitute players from another team. You must continue to play or forfeit.
9. An offensive foul will count as a team foul and they will not get to shoot a free throw. You just get the ball.
10. 7 fouls by a team in a half is BONUS time. That means after 7 fouls, it's 1and 1. NO DOUBLE BONUS from 7 fouls and all the way until the half is over, it's all 1 and 1
11. The number of fouls gets reset at 2nd half. Technical counts as 1 team foul, and 2 personal fouls. So, if a player gets a technical, that's 2 fouls on the person, but only 1 foul on the team.
12. If you foul a player before the ball is thrown in-bounds, this will count as an intentional foul. That means 1 free throw and the ball back. If a foul is dangerous and seems intentional, it will be 2 free throws and possession.
13. All captains, players, and spectators are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that respectful and with good sportsmanship. Any Conduct deemed inappropriate by the Officials or the League Director will result in disciplinary action.
14. No smoking, tobacco chewing, swearing, profanity or obscene gestures allowed.
15. No physical attacks or verbal threats before, during or after games will be tolerated.
16. Only captains may address officials regarding judgment calls.
17. Any player or spectator deemed by the official or League Director to not have control of his/her faculties to the extent that there is a chance of physical injury to him or others will be asked to leave the facility.
18. Any player ejected from a game must leave the facility immediately. Players ejected twice during the season are subject to additional suspension.
19. Destruction of property, theft or assault before, during or after activity, will be handled by law enforcement. Individuals and teams will be held equally responsible for any damage or theft stemming from their use of the facility.
20. Penalties for Code of Conduct violations may include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Verbal warning from official or League Director
- Technical foul
- Ejection from game
- Expelled from league
A player or team expelled from the league will not receive a refund.
21. If a player receives a technical foul due to unsportsmanlike conduct, cursing or trash talking, they will sit the whole quarter. If they get 2, they will be thrown out of the game. Technical foul will result in 2 free throws and possession. ANY UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT, TRASH TALKING, OR CURSING WILL BE A TECHNICAL FOUL THE FIRST TIME. NO WARNINGS. Any form of a Technical foul will be at the referee’s discretion and may or may not result in sitting out or removal from the game.
22. It will be at the half court mark.
23. Only on offense.
23. It doesn’t matter WHERE you take the charge. A charge is a charge even if it’s under the basket.
24. You can move on the release, except the shooter and the people on the outside of the box. 6 in the box (4 defense and 2 offense) and you will stand up on box from the bottom like NCAA. Any player running into the box while the player is shooting or about to shoot, will result in a lane violation and not a technical foul shot and possession. The shooter will be able to shoot another if he misses. 2nd time it happens, it's a technical foul.
I know and understand that I am participating in a strenuous activity and that such activity, playing sports, is potentially hazardous. I assume all risks associated with playing this sport including, but not limited to, permanent disability, severe social economic losses, death, personal injury, and property damage. Knowing these facts, and in consideration of your accepting my entry, I hereby for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators, or anyone else who might bring claims on my behalf, covenant not to sue, and waive, release, and discharge Saddleback Valley Basketball, it's directors, employees, volunteers, and Board of Directors, for any and all claims of liability for death, personal injury, loss or damage of personal property of any kind arising out of or in the course of participating in this adult recreational basketball league.
I realize that I am responsible for my own actions and agree to present myself and represent my team in a sportsmanlike manner. I promise that my actions and words will display good sportsmanship and encourage my teammates to do the same. I agree to refrain at all times from profanity, racial or ethnic comments, harassment or taunting of my team, opponents, officials and fans. In the event I fail to do so I understand that I, my teammates, and our fans may be ejected from the game (gym); the remainder of the session, or from participating in future events hosted by Saddleback Valley Basketball. I realize that my team and I will receive no refund. I guarantee that I will pay for any and all damages I may cause to property that occurs while I am participating in or being a spectator at a league or event, this includes, but not limited to, chairs, bleacher, basketballs, the hoop or rim, or any damages done while playing.
I authorize Saddleback Valley Basketball, employees of the organization, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, and advertisers to use photographs or video of me while participating in the adult recreational basketball league, in advertisements, displays, pamphlets/brochures, television, and on league website at www.mschoops.com. I hereby waive any right to inspect and/or approve the finished product or the copy that may be used in connection therewith. I understand that at no time will videos/photographs taken be used with the intent to embarrass me or jeopardize my reputation and that said video/photographs will be used ethically for league promotions or marketing.